Blackened Blue Potato Salad
- 1 pound small purple potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 pound flat iron steak
- 1 tablespoon blackening spice
- 2 cups Vidalia onions, sliced
- 4 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds spinach, stemmed and washed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled bleu cheese
- Bleu cheese dressing (optional)
Simmer potatoes until tender, drain and cool.
Cut potatoes in half.
Brush cut sides with oil; grill over gas or charcoal until grill marks form.
Coat steak with blackening spice.
In large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil; sear steak on both sides to desired doneness.
Remove steak from pan and let rest.
Wipe out pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil.
Add onions and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
Sauté until soft, but not browned.
Add spinach and sauté just until spinach starts to wilt.
Mound spinach on 4 plates, dividing it equally.
Carve steak into thin slices; arrange on top of spinach.
Top with potatoes and sprinkle with bleu cheese.
Serve with bleu cheese dressing on the side, if desired.