Read Addie Broyles’ Food section cover story from April 11, 2012: After long battle over water, Tecolote Farm finally moving on! It has been a long four years since our wells dried up here at the original farm. Statesman writer Addie Broyles tells the tale of how we keep on keepin’ on.
Great Story from the Statesman’s Addie Broyles
By Tecolote Farm on April 16, 2012 in
Tecolote Farm created their certified organic vegetable CSA in Texas in 1994, making them pioneers of both CSA and Organic Agriculture in the Austin area. Since then, the farm has provided countless Central Texans with fresh, local, organic vegetables — including many rare heirloom varieties not often seen in stores.
- In case anyone ever wonders, there are still lots of tecolotes at Tecolote Farm. They are hooting back and forth... http://t.co/NXbR5W7Wtj about 17 hours ago
- Congratulations to Confituras, Salt & Time Butcher Shop and Salumeria, Blacklands Malt, Skinny Lane Farm, and... http://t.co/a6Wu8LAttp about 1 day ago
- http://t.co/uwcFoN46UA about 2 days ago
- An Anniversary Harvest from Tecolote Farm, Austin’s Original CSA | Austin Fit Magazine: http://t.co/XNZ2fSmmQS Thanks Leah, for the write-up about 2 days ago
- Leah at Austin Fit Magazine shares our kudos to local restaurants Barley Swine, Jack Allen's Kitchen, Hopfields,... http://t.co/RxKsC6jcfN about 2 days ago
2012 CSA arugula Austin farm best CSA in Austin crew CSA Decker Creek driveway drought employees farmhands featured flood floodplain greenhorns internship learning lemon lorig mud new farm river farm new year oldest CSA in Austin orange carrots purple carrots Swiss Chard flat leaf Italian parsley Sweet Italian Basil sweet and juicy mediterranean cucumbers red/purple marbled potatoes Yukon Gold potatoes jumbo sweet onions Patty organic organic vegetables parmesan rain recipe salad spring CSA summer CSA sungold cherry tomatoes sweat tagine Tecolote Tecolote Farm vegetables veggies water well well water Wendell Berry Wes Jackson working hard
- Lentil Soup with Greens
- Spring Greens Pesto
- CSA Tagine with Romano Beans
- Gumbo Z’herbes (Green Gumbo)
- Pan-Fried Squash Fritters
- Sorrel Soufflé
I think this is year 9 for me; I have learned so much about the beautiful bountiful variety of plants that the earth produces with your love and cultivation. Thank you for this tasty adventure and for being connected to so many people who honor the earth. And thanks for sending all the innovative recipes.Martha S.