Local Food Fair to celebrate Austin’s CSA farmers, local farmers markets, and other ways to get locally-grown food! Kick off the inaugural national Food Day a day early with a Local Food Fair in the pecan tree-shaded two acre yard behind Third Coast Activist Resource Center at the wonderful 5604 Manor Road Austin, TX 78723. Our farm will be set up there with information on our CSA and some produce for sale. Other CSA farms and farmers market reps, along with local delivery services, will be there to answer questions about their services. Music by the Kudzoo Brothers will keep our toes tapping. Cooking demonstrations on the hour at our sponsors, the Sustainable Food Center‘s tasting tent. Let us know if you’re coming with an RSVP here at the Food Day website!
Local Food Fair on October 23 to celebrate inaugural FOOD DAY
By Tecolote Farm on October 10, 2011 in
Tecolote Farm created their certified organic vegetable CSA in Texas in 1994, making them pioneers of both CSA and Organic Agriculture in the Austin area. Since then, the farm has provided countless Central Texans with fresh, local, organic vegetables — including many rare heirloom varieties not often seen in stores.
- @angrysong @tecolotefarm You're friends to the farmer, for sure. THank you. about 13 hours ago in reply to angrysong
- Out getting the produce in for Sat mkt before tmrw's frigidity. Tell us you'll come! http://t.co/F0nZx4ageH about 14 hours ago
- Tecolote Farm needs some new farm crew members for 2014! Especially looking for some managerial leadership... http://t.co/jiMDVJOyfb about 1 day ago
- Yes! We WILL be at the downtown farmers market on Saturday, come sleet or come freeze, or both, or more.... http://t.co/ONTM4azvdn about 1 day ago
- @angrysong @AntonellisCHZ Want the recipe!! Looks yumm- can you believe we're talking fresh hatch in December?! about 3 days ago in reply to angrysong
2012 CSA arugula Austin farm best CSA in Austin crew CSA Decker Creek driveway drought employees farmhands featured flood floodplain greenhorns internship learning lemon lorig mud new farm river farm new year oldest CSA in Austin orange carrots purple carrots Swiss Chard flat leaf Italian parsley Sweet Italian Basil sweet and juicy mediterranean cucumbers red/purple marbled potatoes Yukon Gold potatoes jumbo sweet onions Patty organic organic vegetables parmesan rain recipe salad spring CSA summer CSA sungold cherry tomatoes sweat tagine Tecolote Tecolote Farm vegetables veggies water well well water Wendell Berry Wes Jackson working hard
- Sorrel Soufflé
- Roasted Eggplant Soup
- CSA Tagine with Romano Beans
- Arugula Salad with Lemon-Parmesan Dressing Bon Appétit | April 2009
- Squash-Rice Casserole with Sorrel
- Sorrel Soufflé
I think this is year 9 for me; I have learned so much about the beautiful bountiful variety of plants that the earth produces with your love and cultivation. Thank you for this tasty adventure and for being connected to so many people who honor the earth. And thanks for sending all the innovative recipes.Martha S.