Read Addie Broyles’ Food section cover story from April 11, 2012: After long battle over water, Tecolote Farm finally moving on! It has been a long four years since our wells dried up here at the original farm. Statesman writer Addie Broyles tells the tale of how we keep on keepin’ on.
Tag Archives | drought
Now taking 2012 CSA sign-ups!
2012 CSA Subscription Agreements coming soon (within the next two days)- email me at email@example.com beforehand to reserve your spot for our award-winning, long-standing vegetable delivery service!
Wendell Berry and Wes Jackson at the Paramount Stateside Theater last night was a lovely way to end a weekend full of a slow, soaking, stuck-in-the-mud kinda rain. I’d like to pay tribute to both of them and the poem which Edible Austin’s Marla Camp asked Wendell to read last night:
Water from Farming: A Handbook by Wendell Berry
I was born in a drouth year. That summer my mother waited in the house, enclosed in the sun and the dry ceaseless wind, for the men to come back in the evenings, bringing water from a distant spring. veins of leaves ran dry, roots shrank. And all my life I have dreaded the return of that year, sure that it still is somewhere, like a dead enemy’s soul. Fear of dust in my mouth is always with me, and I am the faithful husband of the rain, I love the water of wells and springs and the taste of roofs in the water of cisterns. I am a dry man whose thirst is praise of clouds, and whose mind is something of a cup. My sweetness is to wake in the night after days of dry heat, hearing the rain.
- Congratulations to Confituras, Salt & Time Butcher Shop and Salumeria, Blacklands Malt, Skinny Lane Farm, and... http://t.co/a6Wu8LAttp about 6 hours ago
- http://t.co/uwcFoN46UA about 1 day ago
- An Anniversary Harvest from Tecolote Farm, Austin’s Original CSA | Austin Fit Magazine: http://t.co/XNZ2fSmmQS Thanks Leah, for the write-up about 1 day ago
- Leah at Austin Fit Magazine shares our kudos to local restaurants Barley Swine, Jack Allen's Kitchen, Hopfields,... http://t.co/RxKsC6jcfN about 1 day ago
- We'll be back to the downtown market Saturday, and it won't be so so cold this week. Instead of 28 degrees, we... http://t.co/2gTQAEmz4B about 1 day ago
- Squash-Rice Casserole with Sorrel
- Roasted Eggplant Soup
- Sweet Pickled Onion Watermelon Radish Salad
- Spring Greens Pesto
- Greens with Roasted Peanuts & Red Pepper
- Lentil Soup with Greens
I think this is year 9 for me; I have learned so much about the beautiful bountiful variety of plants that the earth produces with your love and cultivation. Thank you for this tasty adventure and for being connected to so many people who honor the earth. And thanks for sending all the innovative recipes.Martha S.