Blackened Blue Potato Salad
- 1 pound small purple potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 pound flat iron steak
- 1 tablespoon blackening spice
- 2 cups Vidalia onions, sliced
- 4 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds spinach, stemmed and washed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled bleu cheese
- Bleu cheese dressing (optional)
Simmer potatoes until tender, drain and cool.
Cut potatoes in half.
Brush cut sides with oil; grill over gas or charcoal until grill marks form.
Coat steak with blackening spice.
In large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil; sear steak on both sides to desired doneness.
Remove steak from pan and let rest.
Wipe out pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil.
Add onions and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
Sauté until soft, but not browned.
Add spinach and sauté just until spinach starts to wilt.
Mound spinach on 4 plates, dividing it equally.
Carve steak into thin slices; arrange on top of spinach.
Top with potatoes and sprinkle with bleu cheese.
Serve with bleu cheese dressing on the side, if desired.
Powered by Recipage
Photo and recipe from PotaoGoodness.com. Find the original at http://www.potatogoodness.com/recipes/blackened-blue-potato-salad/