Moroccan Squash Salad
- 3 lb (1.5kg) buttercup or butternut squash, peeled seeded and cut into 1/2 inch/1.3 cm cubes. (I’ve used a variety of the summer squashes)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds slivers
Cook squash in large pot of boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until just knife-tender; add raisins during the last minute of cooking. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, salt, cumin cinnamon and cayenne in large serving bowl. Add squash, raisins, cilantro and almonds. Toss lightly to coat. Serve at room temperature.