- 6 cups cubed turnips 2 T. butter
- 2 eggs, beaten 3 T. flour
- 1 T. brown sugar, packed 1 t. baking powder
- salt and pepper 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumb 2 T. butter, melted
Cook turnip until tender, drain and mash (by hand).
Add butter and eggs and beat well. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, seasoning and nutmeg. Stir into turnip mixture. Pour into a buttered casserole dish. Mix breadcrumbs and butter and sprinkle on top. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until light brown on top.