Found online at countingsheep.typepad.com
- 1 pd (500g) Long Beans, washed and cut into 2″ long pieces
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) sugar
- 1 TBS (15ml) dark soy sauce
- 1 TBS (15ml) Chinese RIce Wine like Shaoxing or dry sherry
- 2 TBS (30ml) water
- 2 TBS (30ml) peanut or canola oil
- 2 medium scallion or green onion cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 oz (56g) ground pork
Bring water to boil in a large saucepan. Add the beans and cook for approx 1 minute, drain and
rinse with cold water.
In a small bowl combine the salt, sugar, soy sauce, rice wine.
Heat wok or large saute pan to high and ad the oil. Add the scallion/green onion and the garlic
and stir fry for 5 seconds, add the ground pork (if using) and fry for 1 – 2 minutes